Well, that was an interesting overnight experience. I got up in the middle of the night with an urge to do some forum testing (amazing the things you think of on holiday – I’ve been putting together a vBulletin forum for the FSB and it’s been giving me installation issues) and…. no broadband.
Regular readers will know I had a problem last week and it turned out it was the connector to the Iberbanda dish… well I checked the connector – seemed fine.. and this morning I went up the road to a neighbour who also has the same setup – he’s had no problems… so back to the cave. As the alternative was to ring up Iberbanda who are not the best English speaking company in the world, I poked a hole in the insect mesh and shoved my last decent network cable through in a last-ditch effort – on the hope that a replacement cable might do the job.
I didn’t really expect much but SURE ENOUGH, not only do they use crappy cement over here, they use crappy cables as well! The broadband is working better than ever, I’ve scrapped the original cable and put in a bright new orange one!
Some kind of holiday celebration today so the shops are all closed tonight. Sun is back out and I’ve no need to contact the office until teatime here so a little sun, I think!